Sunday 5 March 2017

GROW SUCCULENTS IN HOURS!

Hi !
Spring is coming...
Time to grow plants...
Grow some succulents in matter of hour or two!!
Though idea came to me through other pioneers,
I myself tried it just this time :)

These are disposable containers made of terracotta or burnt clay.
For my project, I chose the smallest clay pot (used originally as disposable tea cup in India, known as Kulhar)
Pick your pot and clean it.
Apply a thin coat of primer (I used fine tinted clay used on wood with craft glue and little water in equal proportions). Let it dry.
Sand the surface to get smooth finish using fine sand paper or rag.

Fire your imaginations and paint the outer part and rim of your pot.
I used gold and red color to decorate my pot.

YOU DON'T HAVE A SUCCULENT ???
GET A STONE :)
 Take a stone and clean it with soap and water. Dry well.
Paint it with green acrylic color. Dry well.
Now use fine brush and white acrylic paint to paint thorns on your succulent.
Dry well.
BE PATIENT...

Fill your decorated pot with clean dry sand.
Push and stand your succulent in it.
DONE !!!

Here's my succulent sitting pretty adding a touch of green to my living room...
I plan to make more succulents in future :)

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea! It would be a fun gift from a child. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Vibrant Mushroom Botanical Watercolor Painting with Printable

  Vibrant Mushroom Botanical Watercolor Painting is a great Artwork to own. Watch me paint Bright Watercolor Mushroom and you can enjoy this...