Friday 13 May 2016

Me Made May 2016: Day 13

Wishing You All a very lovely day today!

As we all know its STRIPES day for Me Made May 2016,
Here we go
In a hurry
Bad pose
But wanted show you the slit..

There is something to tell you about the fabric






This straight skirt is made of Manipuri hand loom wool and cotton mix fabric; in bright yellow, green and black stripes.

In Manipur, India women weave their own clothes on small looms at home. They make a wrap around like dress for the lower part. As the loom is narrow the cloth is weaved in two parts and then stitched together to give the complete width of fabric.
The bordered weaved is in black, which is later embroidered.
Though I bought the complete set on my visit to Manipur, I just used one piece to sew this skirt. 
There are two darts in front and again in back of dress.
I used the fabric such that I get stripes along my hieght
I let the border come to one side,
and let the slit till mid calf lie next to it..
The waist has a zipper and trouser hooks for fitting.

So here I have a traditional fabric in new avataar or look
Have fun today
See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vibrant Mushroom Botanical Watercolor Painting with Printable

  Vibrant Mushroom Botanical Watercolor Painting is a great Artwork to own. Watch me paint Bright Watercolor Mushroom and you can enjoy this...