Saturday 31 May 2014

CAR RIDE ON MY T-SHIRT

Hey check this!


 This used to be my younger one's PT(physical training/sportday) weekly uniform last year in Kindergarten junior class . Well obviously he wore this dress for not more than 35 days last year and not more than 5 hours a day. Result the colour of T-shirt has not changed a shade, and not a thread astray, (just like new). I could not throw it away or pass it on to any body suitable, had to do something with it urgently before my kids could outgrow it.

This is the original T-shirt with logo of school in front. I need to hide this.


This is back of T-shirt with name of school. I need to hide this too.

My child wanted a car. So I sketched a car.

 Coloured it too..

Now I looked into my discarded lot of clothings which had something in them that could be reused or recycled. So I got cut outs from jersey material, knit material, and velvet; none of these loose threads at ends.
I used back stitches to fix the cutouts to T-shirt.
Is this looking bit too crude
Well there's a purpose
  • fixing appliqué to T-shirt
  • decorative purpose
 
  Is this not looking nice now with the button hole stitch on the back stitch?


Note as this is a kid's wear, I used contrast colours to give toonish look. Then embellish with whatever your like (buttons/ paint/ sequin/...)
 

On the front I used collar of a discarded baby sweater to make a flower finished with a button in center. I used my Aunt's crochet book to crochet a butterfly.


There my Aarotrika modeling this T-shirt on a recycled denim skirt.

Here is the car. Ride on it through the greens, flowers, butterflies....

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey there is another car ride T-shirt coming up for Adhrit..

      Delete
  3. Too good ma'm
    Very creative
    Regards
    Puja & Ritesh

    -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Am very happy to find your comment here. Please do keep visiting this blog. Love to kids, hope we meet soon...
      Mom

      Delete
  4. Too good
    Very creative
    Regards
    - puja & Ritesh

    ReplyDelete

Vibrant Mushroom Botanical Watercolor Painting with Printable

  Vibrant Mushroom Botanical Watercolor Painting is a great Artwork to own. Watch me paint Bright Watercolor Mushroom and you can enjoy this...